31 Days of Spontaneous Organizing - Day #25: Kitchen Cupboards | Organizing Made Fun: 31 Days of Spontaneous Organizing - Day #25: Kitchen Cupboards

Friday, October 25, 2013

31 Days of Spontaneous Organizing - Day #25: Kitchen Cupboards

Today is Day #25 of 31 days of spontaneous organizing! Your mini-challenge for today is a kitchen cupboard {or two}! 





Since we did your pantry yesterday, this will be a cupboard {or two or more} that is not food related! Go for one with pots and pans or with dishes in it. I'm sure you have one that needs a bit of work!


Source

To start off with, take out the contents and wipe it down. If it's dishes that you use everyday, make sure you put them back in a way that is easy to get them in and out when they are clean. Also, if you have a kitchen appliance that you rarely ever use - especially if it's LARGE - consider donating it! There are lots of gadgets out there that you really don't need! 


Organizing Made Fun

Here, above, is a cupboard that my friend, who lives in an apartment, has made function really well. She took stacking shelves {from Ikea} to make the most of her tall cupboards. 


Auction Girl Vintage

In the future, think about investing in some pull out shelves for your cupboards to be able to reach everything way in the back, too, like this cupboard shows above. 


Source

Keep your large appliances within easy reach or use the pull out shelves. If you put them WAY up high, you will likely not use them. If you keep them down low and grouped together, just be careful not to put too many big ones in the way of each other or you'll also never use them. If you find you don't really need them...time to donate!


More helpful posts for your kitchen cupboards: 

Apartment Living

How I Organize my Overflow Pantry
Organized Reader: Pantry Overhaul
Organized Reader: Super Cute Pantry

11 Ways to Have and Organized Kitchen

Now get to it! Get under that kitchen cupboards organized! Remember to:

A. Follow me on Pinterest {HERE} and/or
B. Follow me on Instagram {HERE}
C. Load your photo on either Pinterest or Instagram and TAG me {BeckyB_OMF or OrganizeMadeFun go HERE to learn how to tag on Pinterest} and use hashtag #SpontaneousOrganizing--If you upload to Pinterest, please either leave the URL link here in the comments for me to visit OR let me know your Pinterest "@" name and I'll follow your board to see it. 
D. Before and after pictures ARE preferred but not necessary - cause sometimes you start and are so excited you forget to take a "before" picture, right?


**Update: There is trouble with tagging me on Pinterest {because it doesn't notify me}, so instead please do the URL copy and post in the comments and I'll be sure to go and look at it. Thank you for understanding**




Feel free to leave a comment if you're doing today's challenge! Can't wait to hear how things are going and see some of your pictures!


Pin It
 

 Like what you see here? Consider becoming a follower or subscribe via email! Are you an Organized Reader? I'd love to see your organized space. Email me HERE and show me your space to possibly be featured as one of my Organized Readers.

  Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check
Connect with me:
Follow OrganizeMadeFun on Twitter Follow Me on Pinterest http://www.buttonshut.com
Google Plus for OMF beckyb_omf Bloglovin’ OMF OMF Facebook page